Monday, December 30, 2013

Making the Most Of Everyday

I love sleep!

Who doesn't?

Lounging in bed, wrapped in blankets til 10 or 11am sounds amazing! But there is one problem....

Nothing is getting done!

You are stagnant!
Nothing is getting done!
Bills have to be paid!
Goals have to be achieved!

My friend asked me last night if I wanted to work out at 6am with him this morning. By no means am I a morning person and lifting weights and working hard at that hour sounds miserable. For some odd reason, I agreed to workout and then head to the baseball facility to do some hitting.

I completed my daily workout routine and finished hitting by 9am! I typically do not get out of bed til 930/10am and do not work out until noon. I am no more tired right now than I typically am despite sleeping 3 less hours. I now have the time and freedom to get a lot more done with my day.

Am I going to lift everyday from now on at 6am and hit at 8? No!

We still need to get adequate rest but sacrificing a few hours of sleep a couple of days a week is not going to kill ourselves.

Our time is limited and we must maximize each day, hour, minute and second we have. I remember speaking with one of my mentors and he told me that in order for me to reach my goals, sacrifices need to be made and sleep was going to have to be one of those sacrifices.

It makes sense! I physically cannot make my self a better baseball player by sleeping the day away.

I cannot create the financial future I want for myself by sleeping.

I cannot be a positive influence to others by sleeping.

Wake up!

Live your dreams!

Here is a little Monday Motivation to help you get going....






No comments:

Post a Comment